What are the types of waterproofing materials in Market.And types of waterproofing Systems used in construction industry.
No1. Polymerized Silicone waterproofing. High Quality Performance Silicone Polymers Coating
Waterseal offers comprehensive system solutions for Waterproofing a new home or Repairing an existing one. Our products for all critical surface areas like Roof, External Walls,Basement,Internal Walls, Bathrooms and Water Tanks.
100 % successful and affordable Waterproofing chemicals. ‘Waterseal ‘ is the Best waterproofing brand in India that many customers from the construction sector are deal with us. we gain the trust of clients, we work hard and make sure that we fulfill following factors:
2. Polyurethane Liquid Membrane : The quality of the material directly depends on the correctly selected polyurethane system. there is a possibility that the remaining moisture on the first layer may lead to the formation of bubbles between the layers. Polyurethane is very sensitive to a moisture content that should be used in evaluating moisture before application, otherwise, membrane peeling or de-bonding may occur after some time.
3. Cementitious Coating : Cemented waterproofing is the simplest method of waterproofing, materials required are freely available, easy to mix and apply.made by Many local companies. It is usually rigid or semi-flexible waterproofing hence used at interior places such as toilets & areas not exposed to sunlight and weathering.thus, the limitation and expansion process does not lead to a restricted waterfall.
4. Latex Liquid Rubber : A liquid membrane is a thin coating that contains a primer coat and topcoat used by a spray, roller, or trowel which gives extra flexibility as compare to the cementitious waterproofing. The liquid is cured in a rubber coating on the wall and surface elongation properties can depends on the type of manufacturer.
5. Bituminous Membrane Coating : Bituminous waterproofing is a popular technique used for the low sloping roofs due to their low efficiency, it consists of a flashlight and a self-adhesive membrane on the layer.
6. Rubberized Asphalt :The material is commonly used to waterproof bridges, plazas, parking spaces, and commercial roofs. When used on concrete, the material can help cut down on cracking, noise, and hydroplaning. It will also enhance the durability of the underlying material. The cost of this material will depend on how big the treatment area is. The material usually dries within 3-4 hours after being applied.
7. Thermoplastic : The material can also be used for fabrics and clothing. In industrial environments, TPU coating can help protect tents, flexible ducting, curtains, pipe plugs, and so much more. It’s also commonly used for split slabs, property lines, elevator pits, tanks, fountains, and decks.
8. PVC Waterproofing Membrane : PVC Membrane material. This is a common roofing material that is made from polyvinyl chloride. It is primarily used to waterproof roofs.
9. Crystalline Epoxy Coating : The epoxy resin is one of the waterproofing and sealing agents obtained when the epoxied polymer is mixed with the hardening substance. This resin makes a protective layer over the applied surface, making it waterproof and non-corrosive.
10.Tar Sheet waterproofing : The first is their black color, which can absorb rather than reflect heat.Tar Sheet roofing is also available in 1, 2, or 3-ply. The 1-ply material is not durable, and if used can pose certain problems such as breaking down.Finally, if your roof is likely to hold a lot of water or to gather puddles of standing water after rainstorms, this can prematurely age and damage the bitumen roof.
Depending on the level of water damage or owner preference, types of waterproofing systems can be installed indoors or outdoors.Waterproofing increases your house’s value, which is the biggest advantage. This system prevents unwanted moisture from seeping into your walls, thereby allowing mold to grow. Mold can impact our health in a negative way. It also prevents damage caused due to water seepage which can ruin the structural integrity of your home. Moisture also causes metals to rust. As you know unhealthy living areas and weak foundations will affect the property value of your house. Also, waterproofing systems can open up the basement area and thereby increase the utility of your home’s square footage. This also helps in increasing the value of your house in the market.
There are some common types of waterproofing methods used in construction industry.
1. Types of Sheet based waterproofing membranes:
these are membranes that arrive at the site in the form of rolls. These are then unfurled and laid on a firm surface. The most common type of sheet-based membrane is a bituminous waterproofing membrane. This type of membrane is stuck to the substrate with a hot tar-based adhesive using blowtorches.
Self-adhesive compounds comprise asphalt, polymers, and filler; additionally, certain resins and oils may be added to improve adhesion characteristics. The self-adhesive type has a low shelf life as the bonding properties of the membrane reduce with time.
2. types of Cement base Waterproofing Methods:
Cement or bitumen-based products are applied internally, externally, or sandwiched within the structure. can be used for new build constructions.
This method is often used in internal wet areas such as toilets. This method is usually a rigid or semi-flexible type of waterproofing, but since it is used in internal areas such as toilets, it is not exposed to sunlight and weathering. Thus cementitious waterproofing does not go through the contract and expansion process.
3. Liquid-applied waterproofing membranes
Liquid membrane is a thin coating that consists of usually a primer coat and two coats of top coats which are applied by spray, roller, or Brush.
These are generally considered to be superior to sheet-based membranes as they are joint-free. However, care must be taken in application to provide just the right thickness. The membrane can tear or break if it is too thin. The adhesion of the membrane to concrete must be good.
4. Cracks -free Silicone Polymers are the best Waterproofing Method:
The application of waterproofing composition is done by a special Waterproofing Sprayer gun or airless sprayer. Composition which is sprayed on the surface consists of the liquid Silicone Polymers PSV applied on the surface… Like Terrace, Roof Slop, Cement- Metal Sheds, Old /New Bathrooms, Exterior Basement Wall, etc.,