How to waterproof a terrace.: Terrace waterproofing : a tricky problem in building construction, mainly because the surfaces are flat. This means that the water cannot run off the structure quickly, and will move slowly or pool above the surface, creating opportunities for leakage.
Terrace waterproofing should be able to resist leakage during heavy rainfall.and provide insulation against heat loss during summers/winters.Terrace Waterproofing is the Best way to Stop Water leakages and Humidity. Water proofing is a method which prevents water from penetrating your house. Water proofing is very important as it helps keep your house dry.
In addition, these flat surfaces require sumps or collection pits for the water to flow into before entering the vertical drainage pipes, which another great source of leaks.
The best way to waterproof a flat terrace is to use a waterproofing Coating. This is a thin layer of waterproof material that is continuous, and offers no path for water to enter the structure.The membrane is laid on top of the structural slab.On top of the membrane, a filler material is laid. The filler material is necessary to give a slope to the finish of the terrace. This slope runs towards the drainage outlets
ROOF/TERRACE WATERPROOFING METHOD:
- Washing the Roof-terrace surface and making it dust free.
- Filling all the visible cracks by way of specially prepared Silicone crack filler.
- Applying First coat for Filling the invisible cracks & small holes with diluted silicone.
- Applying Second & Third coat of Silicone based cement waterproofing to strengthen the surface.
- Applying Final Forth Coat of Silicone based cement waterproofing.
The final layer is the finish. This may be a tile, or a stone, or any material that can withstand outdoor conditions. The finish and the filler layers themselves do not contribute to waterproofing.